Lake Parts Inc was founded in 1945 by Bernard Mallory on the banks of Clear Lake in Lakeport CA. Lake Parts specialized in automotive, marine, and performance parts. Bernard passed away in 1957 and left the business to his sons, Ellsworth and Lyle Mallory, who successfully ran the operation. The business was purchased by local speed boat racer Dick Seiler in 1979, and was expanded into two locations, one in Lakeport and one in the town of Clearlake. Dick owned the business until 2004 when employee Deanne Padel, who had been working for Dick since 1989, and her husband Rod bought the business with partner Milo Hoovler, who managed the Clearlake location. The partnership with Milo split in 2009, and Lake Parts kept its one location in Lakeport, while Milo kept the Clearlake location. Also in 2009, Deanne’s son Chris Mansell joined the business after graduating from Sonoma State University with an economics degree.
Throughout the years, Lake Parts had affiliations with CARQUEST, All Pro, and Auto Value. In 2010, the opportunity to create a new affiliation and buy the local NAPA Auto Parts store came about, and Lake Parts merged its operations into the Lakeport NAPA Auto Parts store. Lake Parts had rapid growth over the next few years, purchasing the other NAPA Auto Parts locations around the lake including Upper Lake in 2011, Kelseyville in 2012, and Clearlake in 2013. In 2015 Milo decided to retire, and his independent Clearlake Auto Parts location was merged into the existing NAPA store in Clearlake owned by Lake Parts.
After a few years of limited growth due to the rapid changes that took place from 2010 – 2015, Lake Parts purchased the Santa Rosa Auto Parts operation in 2018, which included Sebastopol, Healdsburg, and Santa Rosa. So now, after over 70 years in business, Lake Parts Inc is now a 7-store operation with an impactful footprint in the Sacramento market.